Maui’s North Shore
There is a lot to do in the neighborhood of Maui by the Sea. Why choose the North Shore of Maui and the Maui by the Sea cottage?
Because You Want to . . .
- Get away from the tourists and the big hotels
- Feel “at home” on vacation in Hawaii with an ocean view
- Enjoy the cooler weather (still hot, don’t worry)
- Watch some spectacular waves and the breaching whales (winter only)
- Be closer to the roads to Hana, Haleakala Crater and Kula
- Visit Paia, Hookipa and Makawao almost daily
Or simply Because . . .
- You are a windsurfer or a kite surfer
- A yoga addict
- On your honeymoon and you want to take long walks on Baldwin Beach with your honey
- Just because it is . . .green, charming, beautiful and wild
The North Shore is, Let’s Say, the Opposite of the South Shore
You can still drive and visit over there, we won’t be jealous. Our cottage is less than a mile away from Paia, so it is very convenient. Paia is a famous old plantation town, it has just what you need: a bank, a post office, grocery stores, even an organic one (Mana Foods), clothes shops, surf shops and more than a dozen restaurants!
Here is a List to Whet your Appetite :
In order coming from Kahului…
On the ocean side of Hana Hwy:
- Flatbread Company, organic pizzas baked over wood fire in clay oven
- Vana Paia, sushi restaurant, dinner only.
- Hana Picnic Lunch, sandwiches, salad and smoothie bar To Go
- Paia Gelato Company, dozen of ice cream flavors
- Belle Surf Cafe just opened in Paia, behind San Lorenzo, nice coffee place.
- Ululani’s Hawaiian Shave Ice
- Tobi’s Shave Ice, great poke bowls.
- Thai Spice
- Wabisabi, soba noodles and sushi.
- Kuau Mart, Deli and local lunch plates to take out. Between Paia and Mama’s Fish House
On the mountain side of Hana Hwy:
- Sip me, coffee bar inside Biasa Rose
- Paia Fish Market, fish, fish and more (our favorite)
- Milagro’s, Mexican food
- Paia Bay Coffee
On Baldwin Avenue:
- Choice Health Bar, organic health bar
- Café Mambo, South American food
- Café des Amis, crêperie, curries & Mediterranean food
- Artisan Ice Cream, next to Café des Amis, dairy and vegan ice cream. Delicious!!!
- Mana Foods, health food store with salad bar to go and Maka vegetarian deli
- Lima Cocina + Cantina, Peruvian food.
- Nylos, dinner only, a culinary decadent adventure
- Better Things Cafe, further up on the left side, quality coffee and healthy food.
And, Located ½ Mile From Our Cottage Toward Hookipa:
- Mama’s Fish House, the ultimate experience for Hawaiian dining. A must!
- We hope you will come and see for yourself!