Maui by the Sea Rates & Policies
- Nightly Rate $320 + 17.416% tax.
- Rate is for 1 or 2 persons.
- Reservation is held by a $400 down payment due upon receipt of reservation invoice. Final payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- Payments: by US check (if a Canadian check, indicate US funds); by Paypal (with debit/credit card), a 3.5% transaction fee applies for PayPal US payments – 4.5% for International PayPal payments. International wire transfer fee $15/transaction.
- Minimum stay 7 nights. Want to stay fewer days? At certain times of the year, or for last minute bookings, we might waive the minimum nights stay. Please don’t hesitate to inquire.
- 10% discount for 30 days or more.
- Full refund of the deposit if cancellation is prior to 60 days before arrival. (minus credit card fees if applicable).
- If you cancel within 60 days prior to arrival, you will be refunded for each day that is rebooked (minus credit card fees if applicable), if Owner is able to rebook Guest’s reserved period.
- Complete cancellation policy details are set forth in the Rental Agreement, and are incorporated herein.
Check-in and out
- Check-in is at 3:00 PM or later
- Check-out is at 12:00 PM or earlier
- We are flexible if there is no arrival the next day
- There is a Rental Agreement to read, sign and email back at time of booking.
- Maui by the Sea Cottage sits off of Hana Highway (it is not a “highway” as mainlanders understand it, it is a 2 lane road). There can at times be excessive road noise. However, we have good insulation and have added Central Air Conditioning to minimize the problem.
- From the guest cottage you look over the roof of the owner’s house to the ocean. Our guests are very welcome to walk anywhere on the property and use the lawn chairs by the ocean. There is no beach in front of the property, it is a rocky shoreline, yet it is possible to access to the water for snorkeling and surfing.
- A sandy beach is 200 yards from the cottage.
Directions to Maui by the Sea
Maui by the Sea is located at 523 Hana Hwy, between Paia and Kuau. For GPS owners: N 20° 55.347′ W 156° 22.355′ As you leave the airport from car rental head toward Airport Rd.
When you get to the stop light, take a left onto Hana Hwy. There is a Safeway on your right if you need groceries. As you continue on Hana Hwy you will arrive in Paia town. You are less than one mile to the cottage (exactly 0.7 mile).
Look on the left for the sign: Kuau Bay Beach Park. You are almost there. Slow down as you see the second rock wall with 519 green numbers on it, the cottage is just after the rock wall. Look for the white mailbox with our logo and 523 numbers. Turn left in front of the white gate and press the last four digits of your home phone number or the code given to you on the keypad. Or press the call button.
Drive to the right, and park underneath the cottage (left stall). The cottage is open, the keys are on the counter top, please make sure you make yourself familiar with the cottage information by reading the welcome letter.